Dr Bk Garg: 21 Dec 2021
Liposuction in Delhi is a surgical procedure that removes fat by sucking out excess fat through a hollow thin metal rod(cannula) which is attached to a vacuum pump. It is considered the most common, best, and safest fat reduction method. It is useful to reduce fat from specific areas such as the abdomen, thighs, arms, chin, back, buttocks, neck, etc., and for body contouring. It is mostly done under general anesthesia.
It is not a weight loss alternative and not an obesity treatment. Through this article, we will give a basic understanding of liposuction, such as who needs it, and where you can consult for the best liposuction surgery in Delhi.
Liposuction surgery in Delhi can be considered as an option if you have below listed symptoms:
- You are unable to lose stubborn fat; however, you should be within 30% of your ideal weight with no history of massive weight loss.
- Treatment of breast reduction or gynecomastia.
- You do not have any underlying medical conditions.
Liposuction surgery in Delhi is a confirmed diagnosis for individuals with excess fat and stubborn pockets having flat abdominal walls and good skin tone. When a healthy diet and continuous exercise fails to get rid of the body fat bulges, liposuction (also known as lipo, lipoplasty, liposculpture suction, or lipectomy) is a good option to achieve the desired body contour. A good candidate having stable body weight overall but excess fat in specific spots of the body can also be diagnosed.
Liposuction surgery in Delhi is also used to treat gynecomastia or breast reduction along with removing fat from the desired areas of the body such as the abdomen, hip, thighs, arms, ankles, buttocks, mons pubis, facial features including face, neck, and chin. However, one must remember that liposuction is not considered as a typical treatment of overall alternative of weight loss. Having unrealistic expectations for the surgery might impact the thought process of the patient leading to labeling it as unsuccessful liposuction. Thus, it is imperative to understand the complete treatment and after-care instructions to help in achieving the desired results.
What are the 3 types of liposuction?
The types of liposuction are categorised based on the technique used to remove the extra fat tissues. The three major types of liposuction are:
- Tumescent liposuction or fluid injection: One of the most commonly performed types of liposuction, tumescent liposuction or fluid injection, involves injecting injections with the medicated solution into the fat removal areas. The injected sites get numb, and the fluid and the fat are suctioned out slowly.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction (UAL): UAL utilises ultrasound waves to transform the fat cells into a fluid. After which, the fluid cells are vacuumed or drained out. This technique removes the dense fibrous fat from the upper back and enlarged male breast tissues. Sometimes, UAL with tumescent liposuction type gives better outcomes and precise results.
- Laser-assisted liposuction (LAL):LAL type of liposuction uses laser energy to fluidify the fat cells that are later vacuumed out or drained out through small tubes. The small tubes in LAL help drain fat easily from smaller regions of the body such as the chin, jawline, and face. The lasers used in LAL stimulate collagen generation that helps prevent the sagging of skin post-liposuction.
Which liposuction is best?
The surgeon decides the type or technique of liposuction depending on the area of liposuction. While UAL helps suck out fat from the dense fibrous regions of the body, LAL helps remove fat from the small sections of the body. However, the most common and popular type of liposuction is tumescent liposuction. Generally, performed as an outpatient procedure without anaesthesia, tumescent, or fluid injection is the most effective, safer, and less painful type of liposuction with a quicker recovery time.
Is liposuction available in India?
Liposuction, the cosmetic surgical procedure, is of great aesthetic value in India. Many cosmetic surgeons in India commonly perform liposuction. Statistical data from the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India [APSI] database-2013 indicates an average number of 32.5 liposuction surgeries per year. And the number of liposuction has been increasing year on year.
How many kg can liposuction remove?
The amount of fat that can be removed through liposuction differs on the targeted area of liposuction. However, the average amount of fat vacuumed out during liposuction ranges from 0.9kgs to 1.25kgs. In general, 30% of your fat accumulated in localised pockets is eliminated.
How much does liposuction cost in India?
Liposuction is a body contouring cosmetic surgery done with the assistance of fat suction methods where the excess fat between the skin and muscles is sequentially eliminated.
Liposuction, done through different techniques, helps drain excess fat from different areas of the body, including thighs, hips, buttocks, upper arms, abdomen, waist, back, inner knee, calves, chest, and facial regions.
India is the most preferred country for liposuction. And Delhi, the capital city, is where patients across the globe visit for medical and aesthetic treatments.
Ideally, the cost of liposuction in Delhi, India, is variable on factors such as:
- 1. The amount of fat to be removed
- 2. The targeted area of liposuction
- 3. The experience of the surgeon
- 4. Medications, anaesthesia, and other associated costs.
The cost of liposuction surgery in Delhi, India, is nearly Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 2,00,000. It depends on the factors mentioned above. However, here is an approximate base cost of liposuction for different body areas.
- 1. Face: Rs. 20,000 onwards
- 2. Chin: Rs. 25,000 onwards
- 3. Arms: Rs. 50,000 onwards
- 4. Thighs : Rs. 75,000 onwards
- 5. Abdomen: Rs. 1,20,000 onwards
- 6. Combination of body parts or full body liposuction: Rs. 1,50,000 onwards
It is important to note that the costs may differ depending on the clinic, surgeon, and other cost-affecting factors.
How much does arm liposuction cost in India?
As mentioned earlier, the area of fat removal determines the cost of liposuction. The cost of arm liposuction in India ranges between 50,000 to 1,00,000 depending on the technique, clinic, surgeon, and other cost-deciding factors.
Different Techniques for Liposuction In Delhi
Different types of liposuction surgery are listed below:
- Fluid injection or Tumescent liposuction is the most common type of liposuction in delhi that involves injecting with a large volume of the medicated solution of anesthesia, epinephrine, and salt solution into the areas before fat removal. Depending on the requirement and patient’s goal, the volume can be up to three times the amount of fat needed to be removed.
- The super-wet technique is similar to the fluid injection; however, the difference lies in the amount of fluid to be injected which is equal to the fat amount to be removed in this scenario. This technique comparatively consumes less time to operate; however, requires general anesthesia or sedation.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction (UAL) is the process of removing fat by ultrasonic vibrations followed by vacuuming the fat cells. It is chosen to be performed in two different ways: external where above the skin surface is operated; or internal where below the skin surface is operated by heated cannula. In some of the follow-up procedures of UAL, it can be combined with fluid injection techniques for enhanced precision.
- Laser-assisted liposuction (LAL) involves a laser technique to liquefy the fat cells that allows them to be vacuumed or drained out via small tubes. Surgeons prefer using LAL for smaller areas to be covered such as jowls, face, and chin because cannula used during LAL are comparatively smaller in size than used in other techniques of liposuction in delhi. However, an advantage of LAL includes collagen production from laser energy which helps in preventing sagging of the skin post-procedure.
Procedure (Pre, During & After)
The steps of the liposuction procedure include anesthesia, incision, and observing results.
Before the surgery:
- Fasting for at least 6 hours is required. Do not eat, drink, or chew during this period.
- Stop taking all medications including hormonal supplements, aspirin, and herbal medicines at least 10 days before the surgery date.
- Surgical areas need to be washed properly with antibacterial starting 3 days before the surgery date.
- Avoid smoking at least 4 weeks before and avoid drinking at least 2 days before the surgery date.
- Start taking Vitamin-C supplements starting from two weeks before the surgery date to facilitate immune system stabilization and faster healing post-surgery.
During the surgery:
- Equipment such as a cannula and liposuction machine used is sterilized.
- The surgical area to be treated is sterilized and prepared for incision.
- General or local anesthesia will be provided depending on the patient’s profile.
- A small incision is made on the skin, and the fluid is injected under the skin in the area to be covered.
- Once the medicated solution starts taking effect, the fat initiates to dislodge which is vacuumed via a suction tube or a large syringe.
- The surgeon might puncture several skin areas as required by an individual patient to achieve the best contour.
- Once the fat is vacuumed and removed, small drainage tubes are inserted into the defatted areas to remove fluid and blood that is required to collect during the initial few days after the surgery. If in case you observed the fluid loss at a higher pace, inform your surgeon to substitute the drainage tube with intravenous fluid replacement.
- A compression garment will be recommended to wear to avoid any abrasion.
After the surgery:
Once the procedure is completed, mild discomfort along with redness, swelling, and bruising is observed. Prescribed medications will assist in taking care of the pain and minimizing the risk of any infection. Incisions will stay open for a while and temporary drains will be placed to promote excess fluid drainage. It is suggested to wear tight compression garments for the initial few weeks which will assist in reducing swelling. Avoid any strenuous activities or going to work for a few weeks and give proper care to your body for optimum healing. Some contour irregularities may also be observed during this time as the remaining fat in the body starts to settle into positions.
You will not observe the results right after the liposuction surgery, however, swelling or fluid retention in the treated area might make you feel a gained weight and bloated. As the swelling will subside upon proper care, you will begin to see the results. Loose skin will also be observed which will become firm over time. Any additional surgical intervention might also be necessary for skin tightening around the treated area depending on the patient’s profile of age or amount of fat removed. Depending on the number of treated areas and amount of fat removed, final results will be expected to observe between 1-3 months of the liposuction surgery in Delhi.
Post Operative Care
Aftercare of the surgery is crucial to ensure faster recovery and healing.
- Your body requires quiet rest immediately after liposuction in delhi and the effect of anesthesia stays for 2-3 days and hence it is suggested to avoid any driving or motor activities.
- It is advisable to change the dressing of the incisions every day as you might observe blood or fluid oozing out.
- It is imperative to take short walks every 1-2 hours in your home until your bedtime to prevent any clots.
- Prescribed medications for pain and swelling need to be followed as per schedule.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption during the recovery phase.
- Wear loose garments in post-operative care duration to ensure no irritation and rashes appear at the incision sites which may hinder the healing process.
- If you are unable to urinate or do not feel the urge to urinate after 8 hours of surgery, please seek immediate medical attention.
- Consult your surgeon with follow-up visits to ensure proper healing.
Swelling will start to subside within a few weeks and you will observe less bulkiness in the treated area. The observation will be a leaner appearance in the upcoming several months. Although liposuction surgery in delhi removes a certain amount of fat cells in the treated area, the remaining fat cells will continue to grow in size by storing fat. Inculcating a balanced diet along with plenty of water and fluids in your routine would be of importance as fat distribution will change if you start gaining weight after liposuction. It will facilitate healing and maintain a healthy basal metabolic rate (BMR) and body weight which will help you in achieving the desired body contour once the swelling subsides completely.
Who needs it and who is the ideal candidate for liposuction?
Always consult a good cosmetic or plastic surgeon to discuss your needs and requirements. We at Iconique can assure you the best liposuction surgery in Delhi. Get yourself assessed and know the best treatment option for you and whether you are the right candidate for liposuction. Also, you must understand that liposuction does not treat stretch marks and skin irregularities. You are a good candidate for liposuction if:
- If you wish to improve your appearance and get rid of localized stubborn fat depositions in certain areas of your body.
- If lifestyle changes have not helped you achieve the desired results and the fat depositions do not go by regular exercise and a balanced diet.
- If you have otherwise a stable body weight.
- If you have a good skin tone and elasticity and the skin can easily mold into new contours.
- If you are over 18 years of age.
- If you have overall good health.
- If you are not suffering from blood flow problems like coronary artery disease and other diseases like diabetes.
- You have good immunity.
- If you do not smoke or have stopped smoking.
- Are dedicated to maintaining your body weight with a healthy diet and regular exercise.
- Have expectations that are realistic of the results of the procedure.
You must not go for liposuction if:
- You are pregnant or nursing.
- If you are taking blood-thinning medications and cannot discontinue them for even a few weeks.
- If you are allergic to lidocaine which is the anesthesia used for the procedure.
At Iconique, we provide all treatment plans designed by experts for liposuction surgery at affordable prices.
Benefits of Liposuction
Liposuction is said to be the most popular fat reduction procedure with several advantages which includes:
- It helps contour your body: Liposuction removes the fat cells from your body, which means they are permanently removed and will never come back. This will make your body contoured and resistant to weight gain if you exercise regularly and maintain a balanced diet.
- It helps boost confidence: When you have a body like you always wished for, you feel very good about yourself, that boosts your confidence.
- It helps to cure fatty tumors(Lipomas): Since liposuction removes fat cells, it treat lipomas, which can be troublesome if not removed.
- It helps to treat gynecomastia: liposuction is the most effective and quickest way to treat the problem of enlarged breasts in men/boys.
- It aids in treating Lipodystrophy Syndrome: This disease disturbs the normal fat metabolism of your body resulting in a total absence of fat at some places and abnormal fat deposition at some places. Liposuctions help to treat this.
- It can help with too much sweating: Liposuction also targets sweat glands and reduces excessive sweat production in areas like armpits and thighs.
- It positively affects the overall health: Since it reduces the excess and unwanted fat depositions, making you feel fit and healthy, thus it has a very positive effect on overall wellbeing.
- The results are instant and with less effort:Your fat will be reduced by a single procedure and the results will be quicker as compared to spending days and months working out in the gym.
- It will help you to develop good habits: As you will always want to maintain your new and beautiful body contour, therefore you will be automatically refraining from an unhealthy lifestyle and have a balanced and healthy diet with regular exercise.
- Have Little time: Last but not the least, if you have a particular task or target which needs you to have a contoured body in very little time, this is the best method, provided you are medically fit.
So, what are you waiting for? Consult us for your queries about liposuction surgery in Delhi with the most experienced and well-qualified doctors and trained staff. We are equipped with the state of the art technology and maintain high standards of hygiene and infection control. All the treatment plans will be customized according to your needs and will be cost-effective with maximum comfort.
Why Choose Dr. BK Garg?
Iconique by Dr. BK Garg is a renowned clinic located in Gurugram providing a customized approach to the patients by quoting their requirements and sharing knowledge so that you can make an informed decision. Dr. BK Garg has over 20 years of experience in plastic and cosmetic surgery and has been established as a pioneer in the aesthetics field. The Iconique clinic includes a team of renowned plastic and aesthetic surgeons who aim to deliver comprehensive solutions to all the aesthetic issues with proper discussion and referring state-of-the-art technologies. The clinic welcomes patients across the globe and assists you look your best with a belief to maintain the balance between science and art. Every procedure and treatment is customized and caters to every patient for their specific needs with high standards of excellence, transparency, and integrity in Dr. BK Garg’s aesthetic practice. Visit the website for more information on facilities and services. Feel free to contact or book an appointment to experience a holistic treatment with a better look and feel.